Heating Controls - Top Tips for Reducing your Heating Bills and Saving Those Thermostats
These days we're all conscious about reducing the amount of energy we use at home - whether for financial or ecological reasons - but just a few simple changes with heating controls can make a big difference to your bills.
With the economy facing all kinds of problems and many of us taking a long hard look at our carbon footprints there’s never been a better time to look long and hard at how we heat our homes and how we could do so more efficiently. Heating controls such as a thermostat can help us conserve energy within the home, while saving the environment.
And we could all use some advice on how to do so, because often were not aware of how much energy we use simply by switching on the kettle or by setting that central heating thermostat a notch higher. If we learn to use our heating controls more efficiently we can all save money in an eco-friendly way.
But some of the steps that could significantly reduce your fuel bills are simple and once you look at the figures, you can see that by drawing up a list of relatively simple changes you could save a lot of money, even enough for a well deserved holiday somewhere warm – just don’t forget to check your heating controls and thermostat, and always turn down the central heating before you go!
- Turn a thermostat down one degree centigrade, never leave televisions and computers on standby, and switch off heating when you go away (this could save £75 a year).
- Extra loft insulation typically saves £110 a year.
- If you have solid external walls, insulating them from the inside could potentially save around £300 a year.
- Cavity wall insulation (in homes built after the twenties) costs about £500 but can save you up to £90 a year.
- Double glazing throughout can save £100 annually and cut condensation and noise.
- Save £7 a year from low-wattage light bulbs.
Further good news comes from the fact that many households could benefit from government grants and schemed aimed at encouraging investment in more energy efficient heating, insulation and energy use. The elderly, particularly, can benefit from such schemes which may include money off a new energy-efficient boiler. Ask your local council who may be able to tell you what is available in your area.
Warmworld Uses the Latest TechnologyHere at Warmworld, we specialise in developing and supplying technology that can help you run your central heating system efficiently and reliably.
Get in touch with our expert team today for advice on efficient central heating systems with sufficient heating controls. Call +44 (0) 117 949 8800 for more information.